Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bach Concerto for Oboe and Violin

I have tentative plans to learn the Bach Concerto for Oboe and Violin with a friend this fall. In fact, we sight-read it together over the weekend and I was reminded of how much I really like this piece.

This recording by Trevor Pinnock and the English Concert is lovely.



The second movement is particularly beautiful. (Although I must admit I love the second movement of his Concerto for Two Violins better... how could anyone not?)



The triplet-y bits in the third movement are as fun to play as they sound!



2 comments:

  1. Jillian3:21 PM

    I like this piece too! What a coincidence!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is the performance? Dad and I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete