Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Productivity

By 9:00 this morning I had already run and done my weight training at the gym, gotten my oil changed by a friendly mechanic who bore a striking resemblance to George Clooney, and gotten ready for my day of teaching. Now four lessons down and four still to go after my lunch break, and the day is shaping up nicely. Miranda is gaining a sense of playing with natural arm weight, Katharine is keeping her spine straighter, and Jillian has memorized Lightly Row. And a highlight of today so far, a student who recently transferred into my studio as an unmitigated disaster is disproving my assumptions and blew me away with his improvement since last week. It's good - humbling, really - to have these reminders that students can always surprise me.

It's looking like a productive day. I love productivity.

Coming soon... tales and photos of the great Washington D.C. road trip - we spent the 4th there and had a great time with family and friends.

1 comment: