Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Graduate Studies and Hindemith

I'm starting a master's program in violin this fall. I've paid my deposit, done loan entrance counseling, and signed papers. It's happening.

It worries me slightly, though, that when I received a recent mailing including information about exams I'll have to take during orientation and excerpts I'll have to prepare for orchestra auditions, I didn't really feel excited or exhilarated about the challenges I'm about to face.

I felt like I wanted to die rather than practice that Hindemith excerpt.

I hate Hindemith.

And I'm not too keen on studying music theory for the rest of my summer, either.

I've been out of school, self-employed, and managing fairly well for the past four years... I think going back to school may be quite an adjustment.

No comments:

Post a Comment