Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, November 12, 2007

Overheard

Last week our church choir sang after the sermon rather than before, so everyone in the choir had to stay through the majority of the service twice. At rehearsal the following week, I overheard this comment:

"I felt weird sitting through the sermon again but not staying to take communion at the second service like I had at the first. But then I remembered, you only need it once a month."

*pause*

"...Unless you go to one of those churches where they think you need it every week, I guess."

Ah, out of the mouths of Protestants!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. I have a piano job at an Episcopalian church, and they take communion every week. I like it and kind of think it should be done every Sunday.

    I also think grape juice is ridiculous. Wine at 9 in the morning is bitter, sharp - much more appropriate adjectives for the crucifixion.

    Not that I'm trying to create an argument here, especially as someone who grew up taking communion once a month, with grape juice. I do stop at self-flagellation though - some things just aren't necessary.

    ReplyDelete