Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!

The Christmas Eve services (all five of them) were good. I had a lot of solo bits this year, and it was fun. I had a pretty solo part in You Raise Me Up, and I played a verse of Silent Night as a solo. Playing at church is so great...a woman at church was telling me that my playing brought her to tears, and how the Holy Spirit moves so powerfully through music. I think it's true... music is amazing. And I love it that God can use even my own very-very-imperfect violin playing.

I love Christmas. Christmas is great.

Behold, a Virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and His name shall be called Emmanuel, which means "God with us."

The people who walked in darkness
have seen a great light...
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace
there will be no end.


My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Savior...
For He that is mighty hath done great things to me and holy is His Name.
And His mercy is on them that fear Him from generation to generation.


After Christmas dinner tonight, Mom and Dad and I were cleaning the kitchen and putting leftovers away. Dad and I sang "Bless Us All" from the Muppet Christmas Carol (one of the best songs ever), and I discovered that Dad can do a great Kermit voice!

I also had the following conversation with Dad:

Sarah: Hey Dad... I eat pretty healthily, for the most part, kind of, and I go running on a regular basis. So how come there are girls who eat junk and never work out who are so much skinnier than I am?

Dad: Well, it's genetic.

Sarah: Thanks alot; thanks for that.

Dad: You're welcome. God genetically designed you much prettier than all those skinny girls. Why are you bringing it up? Just to gloat about it? Don't gloat because you're prettier than skinnier girls.


In other news, I'm working on solving a Rubik's cube. I'm more than halfway done. I'm going to learn to solve this thing easily, like in under twenty minutes. Then I'll be a really smart person.

Merry Christmas, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment