Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

I've only been able to catch little bits of the Democratic National Convention from time to time when I'm at my grandparents' house (we don't get TV reception at my house), but with what little I've seen, I've been thoroughly disgusted.

I wouldn't be surprised if someday Al Gore's tombstone reads, "I should have been President," or "the Presidency was stolen from me by lying cheating Republicans." Get over it, Al. Stop being such a whiny loser. This is a Democratic Republic; the people cast their votes, and fortunately for America, you lost.

What I continually notice about the speeches of the Democrats is that they don't seem to have much of a platform. They devote most of their time and effort to hating President Bush and taking every chance possible to get in a jab at Bush, Cheney, or frankly, any other Republican they can think of. So, we shall see how this turns out. Hatred and Bush-Bashing vs. Ideals and Policies -- which tactic will get people to the polls? An appeal to emotion, or an appeal to reason? If it's the former, then the Democrats might win. If they can inspire people with enough emotional loathing and anger, then Kerry might very well be elected. If, however, the Democrats won't be so easily wooed by a man without standards or ideals, an out-of-touch, clueless man who flip-flops from day to day, then perhaps President Bush can and will be re-elected.

No comments:

Post a Comment