Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, June 11, 2004

I am reading Ronald Reagan's autobiography.

I think Margaret Thatcher is one of my heroes.

I cannot help feeling that I am watching the memorial services not only of a great man, but also of a great era... and an era that I never knew, or at least cannot remember knowing. An era when Ronald Reagan stood in the face of moral ambiguity and even moral equivalence. An era that saw a sunrise of hope in spite of the twilight of the West. The Reagan administration was a good time for the United States of America and for the world, because Ronald Reagan was a good man. Yes... some very fine days are behind us; and that is worth our tears. But as Margaret Thatcher said, "He is himself again — more himself than at any time on this earth." All weariness gone. Oh, someday... and what a day that will be.

If the LORD delights in a man's way,
he makes his steps firm;
though he stumble, he will not fall,
for the LORD upholds him with His hand.

Psalm 37:23-24

"May God bless Ronald Reagan and the country he loved."
- President George W. Bush

No comments:

Post a Comment