Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Baby Shoes

Yesterday morning my friend Story and I headed to JoAnn's to pick out fabric to make baby shoes. We were so in love with the selections we got that we had to get to work right away, so last night we stayed up way too late working on the most darling shoes the world has ever seen. These are for my newest nephew, Josiah. I hope they fit him!


Story made a pair for her daughter Gwendolyn using girly colors:


The striped fabric I used is a nice, soft flannel.


We ended up using the Stardust Shoes pattern, with a few changes - a vinyl sole lined with cotton rather than a bonded fleece sole, and the addition of ribbon trim before sewing top to sole.


I was done with one shoe by around 1:30 in the morning, and since everything is hilarious at 1:30 in the morning, I declared, "One shoe is enough. It says, 'I love you, but I don't want to spoil you.'"

I did go on to finish the second one, though. Now I'm so attached to these darling shoes I can hardly bear to send them away to my nephew! Although I'm sure they will be that much cuter on his little feet.

1 comment:

  1. We're so amazing! I already cut out the pieces for my next pair but my sewing machine is having the same problem all over again. When can I come seek your husband's advice again?

    ReplyDelete