Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, November 24, 2014

Isaiah 9:2

"The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light; those who lived in a land of deep darkness -- on them light has shined."

Advent hasn't even begun, but this verse has taken on a new and quite literal meaning in our household today.  After six months - give or take - with extremely limited electricity upstairs, we now have a working overhead light in Nell's room!



Remember this post demonstrating how decidedly un-pinterest-y our house is?

My poor husband, after having a good laugh with me over the stark reality of it, declared that I ought to blog about the projects we actually get finished and the good work he does on our house and the spaces that actually look presentable.  A reasonable request!

Working electricity in my kids' rooms where clothes are kept, toys are stored, naps and nighttime (for Nell) occur -- this is no small thing, my friends.  I've spent the past six months looking for the right size socks, an outfit, a pair of pajamas, etc. using the flashlight feature on my phone.  To be able to flick on a light switch!  A modern luxury!

With light by which to see, there's no stopping us now: as soon as the lights are working in the second bedroom upstairs, I fully intend to get it fixed up by Christmas as Nell's new "big girl room."  Shh, don't tell her.  It'll be a surprise!

Oh, Sarah, look at you with your perfect life and your perfect house filled with modern amenities like electricity.  It's all too perfect; we can hardly stand it!

I know, I know.  I thought you might say that.  So just to rub our perfection into your face a little bit more, I'll show you this close-up of our really, really nice ceiling tiles.  And that -- shall we call it 'vintage'? -- light fixture.



Nice, am I right?

2 comments:

  1. Haha!! I so know how you feel. Electricity and running water are so often taken for granted. : ) We had that exact ceiling at our old house!! And I'm pretty sure my parents had that light when we were growing up...pretty sure it got broken by rowdy kids at some point too so I'm glad to see someone still has one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever want one for the sake of sentimentality, you'll know who to ask. ;) We have no plans on keeping it forever, I can tell you that much! lol!

      Delete