Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, April 04, 2014

of walks and rocks

The weather is finally, finally, FINALLY beginning to warm up, and our walks are gradually going from looking like this:


To this...


To this!




{Only sweaters or light jackets needed!  At last!}

Earlier this week Nell noticed her shadow on one of our walks, a discovery that was met with much enthusiasm.  


{I was wearing a puffer vest ... yes, I may be pregnant, but I am not quite that thick and wide yet!}

That same day, Nell picked up a little stone and showed it to me, and I said, "That's a rock."

She looked up at me, said, "Baby!", and cradled the rock in the crook of her elbow.

I was mystified for a moment, and replied, "Are you pretending the rock is a baby?"

And then I realized what she was thinking:  Rock.  Rock a baby.  Rock a baby in your arms.

Ahh, the confusion of the English language strikes again!

I do love that little girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, walks are getting more and more pleasant as the weather warms! Yay!
    I just wanted to let you know I've nominated you and your lovely blog for a Liebster award...you can find out more here: http://createdwithlove-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2014/04/liebster-award.html#.U0bteVgo7IU

    ReplyDelete