Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, July 26, 2013

our summer CSA share: week four

I'm a bit behind on the weeks here, but in a way I like it that way, becasue it's fun to look back at my photos from a week or two ago and remember the yumminess.  Here are a few things we had with our bounty from week 4:

A kale and fennel salad similar to this one, with apple chunks and pepitas and a simple lemon olive oil vinaigrette.



Garlic scape pesto served over farfalle pasta.  And would you still be my friend if I told you that Nell ate this pesto by the spoonful, just plain?  And couldn't get enough of it?  Isn't that weird?





What to do with leftover pesto?  Why, put it on a pizza of course!



And finally, because there's a little bit of southern girl in me, I picked up a bunch of mustard greens (sometimes we get to choose between various options at the farm) and I made balsamic glazed chickpeas and mustard greens.  It doesn't get much more southern than mustard greens, does it?  Well, my Mom is from Virginia and my Dad is from Missouri, so there you have it.



Although I doubt either of them would have eaten their mustard greens with chickpeas!  A vegetarian twist on a southern meal, if you will.

That's what we've been eating around here lately.  What about you?  Have any good summer recipes to recommend?

1 comment:

  1. Being from Missouri isn't enough to get you to love mustard greens! I'm afraid Dad would pass! But this Virginia lady is on her way! Got some vinegar to add? And I'll definitely enjoy the chick peas!

    ReplyDelete