Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

ten little things


ONE
The perfect green smoothie:
spinach
frozen banana
almond butter
soy milk/coconut milk/whatever
generous amount of cinnamon


seriously delicious.


TWO
A boy in my Montessori violin class is always saying the funniest things. For example:
"Have you had your baby yet?"
"No, it's still in here."
"Oh. Well, when you get it out, can you bring it to violin class so I can check and see if it's a boy or a girl?"


THREE
And another humorous comment from him, upon seeing a bug on the window screen in our classroom:
"Ooooh, my killer instinct is tingling!"


FOUR
I ate a lot of hard-boiled eggs just after Easter. I've always been more of a yolk girl than an egg white girl (the texture of a boiled egg white seems squeaky on my teeth or something), so when I cut into this egg I found myself wishing all eggs could be like this. Look at the size of that yolk!



FIVE
You know you've played in too many pit orchestras when you walk through a high school hallway, hear a voice from a classroom saying, "When I want you to know, I'll tell you!", and think to yourself, "Oh, they're doing Fiddler on the Roof." True story.


SIX
I stopped by a farm stand today on my way home from running some errands, and found this sign pretty humorous:



SEVEN
I've been taking walks when I can, enjoying the nice weather -- although the 70 and 80 degree days are a little less delightful for me than they seem to be for everyone else, leading to swollen, puffy feet and hands that ache. But still, walks are great. I took one walk around the college where Nathan works, after picking him up for a quick "date" dinner at Panera recently, and then dropping him off again for a rehearsal.

So beautiful!

Some geese decided to waddle around with me.

{Us waddlers have to stick together.}


EIGHT
Another walk I took recently was a rather strange one: Nathan and I decided to walk our rototiller from property #1 over to our new house, which is about 1.5 miles away. We had left it in the garage at the rental property all winter, and now we need it here to till up some space so I can plant a vegetable garden. But of course, we can't fit it into his Honda Civic or my Ford Fusion. So we just walked it all the way here a few evenings ago, at about 8 pm, in the dark. An adventure!



NINE
How ridiculous is this? I think this grammatically incorrect sign has been displayed in the bathrooms at my school for my two years of grad school, with no one ever bothering to correct it and reprint it!


{One can only assume that they actually mean "use designated disposal boxes."}


TEN
Nathan and I had our first Bradley childbirth class last night. We have a wonderful instructor who agreed to cram what is normally a 12-week course for groups of couples into just three one-on-one sessions with us, given our crazy schedules.

I figure I'd better learn how to have this baby, given that he or she could arrive within the next month, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment