Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, March 07, 2012

things look up


Last night my missing music was returned to me!

A student of mine had grabbed my entire stack of music off my music stand after his lesson and mistakenly taken it home with him along with his own. Somehow it took four days for this to be noticed, but I'm not complaining, because I'm just so happy to have it back. I had imagined the worst, that it had slipped out of my case somewhere in Boston and I'd never see it again. It is a huge relief to have it back in my possession, especially with my master's recital looming on the horizon.

I have so many thoughts swimming around in my head about grad school drawing to a close... things I've been pondering about music, people, my life... and how significantly it will all change come May. Sometime maybe I'll write about those things.

Things like gestalt and what it means for how I play Brahms.

Things like taking all those voices in my head as a performer ("Don't mess this part up!" "Don't miss that shift!"), and attempting to harness them to good use instead of letting them affect me negatively.

Things like my improvisation class, and how it's influencing the way I think about playing the violin.

So... there are thoughts to be formulated and things to be written.

But not right now. Right now I will attempt to sleep. Baby doesn't think I should get any sleep lately, it seems, but I keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment