Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, April 01, 2011

Mixed Metaphors

In last night's rehearsal of Stravinsky's Firebird, the conductor wanted more a more sustained sound from the orchestra moving from a certain measure to the next one. I'm pretty sure he meant to say either, "You're running out of steam!" or, "You're pooped!" but what came out was "You're running out of poop!"

No one laughed outright or said anything about it, but my stand partner and I almost shook with silent laughter as we played the final few minutes of rehearsal.

And in tonight's rehearsal, we found a few moments to whisper to each other, "I'm so tired... I'm just running out of poop!"

[Does it make me juvenile that I find this so hysterical?]

1 comment:

  1. If it does, Gabe and I are being juvenile right along with you. :)

    I'm surprised no one laughed out loud.

    ReplyDelete