Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Ross Sisters

A friend of mine recently posted a link to a truly bizarre video on facebook. This is The Ross Sisters singing what appears to be a rather nonsensical song about "Solid Potato Salad" (here the term solid seems to equate to "good" or "awesome" rather than "non-liquid"), followed by a routine of dancing and contortionism that gets weirder as it goes along. The ending is definitely the most visually disturbing bit of all. I guess fame and success comes in all different varieties; apparently these ladies were big hits in the 40's - though never as big as The Andrews Sisters, which beats me since I now realize The Andrews Sisters are downright boring in comparison to these gals.



I can't find much information about the origins of this film clip. Was it simply an over-the-top advertisement for that great American picnic dish, a potato salad recipe to beat all others? One can only imagine.

3 comments:

  1. Oh.my.word.
    I cannot imagine being that flexible!

    (and I am praying for you re: the grad school decision! I'm in a similar boat--trying to decide)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are no words. How amazing and yet disturbingly freaky at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...I've never had such a strong desire to consume potato salad. I suppose talent comes in all kinds.

    ReplyDelete