Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Compliments From Students

I always get a kick out of the sometimes cute, sometimes sweet, sometimes hilarious things my students say to me. In the past two days I've received two very charming compliments worth remembering.

Yesterday students in a string quartet I'm coaching asked me if I wanted to be a school orchestra conductor. Their school's string director is retiring at the end of this year, and they practically begged me to apply for her position. I was so flattered!

Then early this afternoon five-year-old Katie came in to her private lesson and the first words out of her mouth were, "You're pretty."

Somehow moments like these make the out-of-tune notes I listen to every day 100% more bearable.

1 comment:

  1. Katie's right, you know... (And I'm not biased at all!)

    ReplyDelete