Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Garbage Disposal

One of the first projects Nathan tackled after we moved into our house was to put in a garbage disposal. He did a great job and it is so nice to have one after three years of cleaning out a gross little mesh strainer in the sink in our apartment!

Please excuse the fact that the flash makes every little water droplet and speck show up, and me appear to be a slob of a housewife. The drilling project created a bit of a mess and I failed to scrub out the sink before we took photographs.

Handsome and handy, here's my favorite guy displaying the unit prior to installing it.


And here it is under the sink:


Nathan got a pneumatic button to go with the disposal for me for my birthday instead of the usual light-switch-style. I love it! We decided to install the pneumatic button to the left of the faucet. Here's what it looked like before:


Drilling...



And the finished product!


Trying it out for the first time:



Now that I have a garbage disposal and a backyard with space for composting, we'll never have to deal with smelly garbage again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yes, I remember those days of cleaning out the little mesh strainer! We had one at our house for over two years and we never replaced it because we were told we couldn't have a garbage disposal with our septic system. I've since learned that this is bunk, so I'm definitely glad we're putting one in at the house. We're doing the little button thing too. :-)

    And I think you need a worm bin! *grin*

    ReplyDelete