Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Friday, September 12, 2008

Kids Say The Darndest Things

A nine-year old piano student's book contains a piece entitled "Minstrel Show." Unfortunately, many children today are unfamiliar with the word "minstrel," and this student, A., is no exception. This week at her lesson, A. exclaimed unwittingly, "For some reason I always start to say the words 'Minstrel Flow' instead of 'show.' I'm not sure why."

Stifling a laugh, I responded, "I'm not sure, either."

And then explained what a minstrel was.

(I'll leave any other explaining that needs to be done to her mom.)

1 comment:

  1. I just read this to the hubby and he said, "Last year I said menstral instead of mensural in reference to medieval notation". All the college kids cracked up! Even adults say the darndest things too!

    ReplyDelete