Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Grammatical Sins

I've become somewhat resigned to the tragic grammar, spelling, and punctuation errors I find in our church bulletin every Sunday morning, but I just can't get accustomed to hearing people speak from the pulpit with blatant inconsistencies or errors. Here are two recent examples:

"Now, as the ushers come forward to receive our tithes and offerings." (FavoriteBoy and I looked at one another aghast and exclaimed in whispers, "That's not a sentence!")

"Will you promise to preach the good news of the gospel, and will you blah blah blah, and will you blah blah blah? If so, please signify by saying 'We do.'" (Temporarily bewildered, I attempted to decide between saying what I had been asked to say and saying the correct thing. I ended up saying... nothing.)

1 comment:

  1. LOL! Both of those sound exactly like things I used to hear at First Baptist back home. :)

    ReplyDelete