Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm in PA now with FavoriteBoy. It's nice to be able to hug him. All that has happened in the past two weeks makes it feel almost as though it's been a year since we saw each other last.

He bought me "just because I love you" presents: a super deluxe wooden rotating Scrabble game, and a Scrabble Players Dictionary. It's so perfect.

While I was in CA, I had a good time hanging out with my brother Christopher. He is such an intelligent, kind, thoughtful guy. He must have missed the memo about teens being rebellious and belligerent! One funny memory:

Christopher picked up my folding hairbrush that fits into my purse and flipped it open. "Whoah. Cool! This is like a multi-tool for girls!"

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Usually right now Mom would be in the kitchen, basting the turkey and peeling potatoes. Since I usually can't fly all the way home for Thanksgiving, Mom calls me wherever I am to wish me a happy day, and we talk. So I miss her a lot today.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:54 PM

    Sarah:
    I finally took a moment to read some of your blog. You do me a favor in allowing me to know some of your thoughts. My head is spinning over the changes in your life.

    I find it has taken me a spell to ACCEPT the head spinning change in your precious mom's life. Acceptance, I am learning, is key to serenity in just about any matter. Now my prayers for her are less frantic and angry and depressed, and more faith filled. The Lord is so tender with me, reminding me of His calm perspective in the face of any crisis.

    I don't know if I'm doing this comment thing right, or if you'll read this.

    Thank you for allowing us to know you and your family better. I'm praying for your wedding plans, however you and Nathan decide to proceed.

    Love,

    Kim Thompson

    ReplyDelete