Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, March 27, 2006

Postponed!

I am breathing a sigh of relief, because my senior recital is officially postponed until Monday, April 17 at 8:00 pm. I'm so glad for the extra time to recover from my arm injury and to prepare more adequately. Best of all, my family is still going to be able to come! They were able to change their flights today.

Last night I went to the junior recital of Bethany Perkins; she was terrific. She sang some lovely Mozart ('Come scoglio inmoto cesta' from Cosi fan tutte), a beautiful French piece by Charpentier, the hilarious Appalachian Liebeslieder by Liebermann ("Nein, puppy! Don't eat that!"), a Scarlatti cantata, and more. I was very impressed by the entire program, including her encore - a duet with her mother, who has a beautiful voice as well.

1 comment: