Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Choir Concert and Music Meme

Last night was our homecoming choir concert. It was fun, and it went much better than I had anticipated. We sang Cantate Domino by Sweelinck; Jesu Dulcis Memoria by De Victoria; O Sacrum Convivium by Peter Mathews; an arrangement of Swing Low, Sweet Chariot; Music in the Air with Gregg as soloist (he did a great job!); Sinner Man with Wesley as soloist (he was great too!); the last two movements of The Settling Years by Libby Larsen (as choir accompanist, FavoriteBoy had a challenging and cool part to this piece, and he was fantastic); and my favorite, Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine by Eric Whitacre. Leonardo went much better than I thought it might have. Also, I made my debut as a super-fantastic finger-cymbal player extraordinaire! Yeah, I was pretty much amazing.

So the concert was fun, and I liked wearing my red choir dress; I never got a chance to wear that one last year since I was sick for the last concert of the year.

I have a Latin exam tomorrow. Eek!

Also, BeatriceG tagged me for this music meme:

List five songs that you are currently enjoying. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now.

Post these instructions, the artist and the song in your blog along with your five songs. Then tag five other people to see what they're listening to.

[1] Leonardo Dreams of His Flying Machine, by Eric Whitacre

[2] The Luckiest, by Ben Folds

[3] It's a Beautiful Life, by Ace of Base

[4] Symphony No. 3 "Organ", by Saint-Saens

[5] Brahms Horn Trio (piano, violin, and horn - I'm playing it this semester!)

These are by no means my all-time favorites... just things I've listened to and enjoyed lately.


I tag Emily, Libby, Becka, and Cara!

No comments:

Post a Comment