Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, October 17, 2005

Wisdom from Irene

I just finished my practicing for the evening, and I saw Irene on my way out of Phillips. She asked me a question about grad schools, and where I was considering going; I told her that I wasn't sure that I was going to go to grad school at all, and I didn't know what I wanted to do at this point. She said something very wonderful to me that I want to just sit here and mull over.

It is not what you think you can accomplish or achieve in this life - it is what God plans to accomplish through you.

Imagine your life with absolutely no limitations, fears, or inabilities. What would you choose to do?

As children of God, that is what our lives should look like. No fears or self-imposed limitations - because with Him all things are possible, and He will do things in and through each of His children.

God draws the lowly up and uses them to humble the proud.

I don't remember Irene's exact words, but it was something to that effect.

I like Irene a lot. She has more faith than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment