Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Sunday, December 05, 2004

Friday I had a two and a half hour violin lesson with Dr. O. It was so, so good. She inspires me. I should practice more.

I'm learning the third movement of the Schumann a minor sonata in just a few days. I started it on Thursday, and I'm performing it tomorrow. Bleh.

Friday and Saturday we had the Christmas Gala. It was super great. It got me into the Christmas spirit, for sure. The theme was "A Dickens Christmas." The guy who narrated as Dickens was terrific, and College Choir (which I'm in), Women's Choir, and Children's Choir all got to sing some beautiful music. One of my favorite pieces was the Canticle of Mary, which Women's Choir sang. Ohh... yes. It was beautiful.

After the Gala Friday night, I watched Home Alone. Great movie.

I had a really weird dream on Friday night. I wasn't really involved in the dream; it was more like I was a spectator. What I saw was this: Apparently people could live and "walk" in space now, within these special space suits. Americans, and people from all over the planet, inhabited various regions of space... not on planets or moons, but really just in empty space. People were moving around and stuff, and then two men were fighting. It was a scary fight, and I was frightened. They both had these huge guns that sent out whooshing balls of flame. These flaming globs were huge and scary. Finally one of the guys torched one of these flaming globs of fire right onto the others' head, and then they were both falling through the atmosphere, down to earth, and people were yelling that they'd never survive re-entry, it had never been done before... and I woke up. Other stuff happened too, but I can't remember it all. Anyway, when I woke up I had an odd feeling that the whole flaming head thing was somehow influenced by having watched Home Alone... you know, the bit where the guy's head gets burnt by the flames when he opens the door.

I was feeling really crabby, firstly because someone said some things that made me sad (things that normally wouldn't upset me, but I was already in a somewhat emotional mood I guess), and secondly because I'm so overwhelmed with things to do (like learning the third movement of the Schumann, preparing for finals, writing a paper, and preparing for juries), but Jaana came in to say hi, and we talked for a bit, and now I feel much better. So yeah, I was going to type a long whiney post, but now I don't need to.

I'm still overwhelmed, though... just not feeling quite so crabby about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment