1) Our orchestra concert last Sunday was the result of a lot of hard work on the part of the students here as well as on the part of Dr. Ou, who soloed in the Prokofiev Sinfonia Concertante. However, because certain people don't do their jobs properly within the music department, and because all the time and attention is poured into advertising for the choir, our orchestra concert had pathetically low attendance. Dr. Ou's colleagues from here at the school didn't even come.
The instrumentalists here feel like the voice majors are heavily favored within the music department. I had a good conversation with Dr. Ou yesterday during the course of my two-and-a-half-hour-lesson-ish-thing (it was great), and she is frustrated with the lack of attention to the orchestra, too. Of course, she was immensely disappointed by the poor attendance at the concert. Something ought to be done. We're doing a lot of hard work and the instrumental part of the department has come a long way. Is it asking too much to say that we just want people to come to our concerts?
2) SNOW!!!!!!! WHEE!!!!!!!!!!
3) Freshman General Recital last night... it was good! Leah is so great. And everybody else, too.
4) After the recital last night I went and saw The Incredibles. Maannn... I wish I had super powers. Real life is so mundane in comparison. Heh.
5) Coming soon... Elijah! We start rehearsing this Tuesday!