Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, February 11, 2004

I'm like so happy today, again.

I'm actually getting good grades in music theory this semester! And it's a nice cycle, because the better my grades, the more I like the subject / teacher / class time, and the more I like it all, the more I study, and the more I study, the better my grades are!

I know, I'm an idiot... most people figure all this out very early in life and work hard and do their best in things. Well, I am generally lazy and distracted and a daydreamer, so I am entitled to be very pleased with myself for my small successes... like As in theory.

I had a sociology midterm this morning, and I think (I hope?) that I did pretty well on it, too.

I'm generally liking my classes and professors right now. This is good... much better than the watch-the-seconds-tick-by-until-class-ends moods in which I generally find myself.

Orchestra yesterday was good, my lesson today was okay, and chamber music today was okay. Stravinsky is pretty cool.

I bought a book today... How Now Shall We Live by Charles Colson and Nancy Pearcey. I probably shouldn't have spent the money, but ohh... it's one of those must-have-on-your-shelf sorts of books! So I don't really feel bad about it. I also bought The Imitation of Christ by Thomas a Kempis... it was only $5.99, so after buying the Colson book, I felt that a few dollars more wasn't anything to worry about. hehe.

I am listening to a recording of Mozart Horn Concertos 1-4... Barry Tuckwell with Neville Marriner and the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields. Oh, Mozart! Dvorak was right... "Mozart is sweet sunshine." (Well, this Mozart is anyway. I don't suppose I'd call something like the c minor Mass, or the Requiem for that matter, "sweet sunshine." But anyway.)

By the way, my teacher's recital on Sunday was super-magnificent. I sorta think he's just fantastic. :) In case you hadn't noticed. Well, okay, sometimes I think he's exasperating and hard to take, but most of the time I think he's just fantastic. So his recital was great, and it was also great that I got to see a bunch of friends from Musicorda! I sat next to Hsiao-Ling, and I got to see Wei-Che and lots of other spiffy people! I glimpsed Eunna in the audience, and I talked to Erin briefly. I also saw Emily and talked to her briefly. And, seeing her for the first time since summer, I took the opportunity to admit that I totally blog-stalk her. I really didn't even know her very well at Musicorda this summer, but I happened upon her blog at some point and I've been a frequent reader ever since. It's great. So anyway, go read it! And I hope she doesn't mind me putting a link here. Yeah.

*yawn*

It's only 9:41, and I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment