Photobucket      Photobucket      Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, April 16, 2007

Site Feed: Sarah Marie Relents

This morning I finally gave in to the urges of the many blog readers requesting that I enable site feed.

My long-standing objection to site feed has been based upon my desire to be able to edit previous blog posts for typos inconspicuously - without having an old post re-appear in feed readers like Google Reader. Unfortunately, by default Blogger sorts items in feed by updated date rather than published date.

I wouldn't have enabled site feed if not for Nate, a friend of Nathan's and mine (and boyfriend of Kate) who saved the day by solving the problem for me. Nate is a computer genius. He spent a portion of the morning fiddling with html options, and in the end he produced a way to override the Blogger defaults and have items sorted only by date published.

For his good deed I praised him thoroughly for conquering Blogger and promised to buy him pizza every night for a week.

Dear readers, you may now use whatever method you prefer to subscribe to my site feed. I hope you will still drop by in person from time to time and comment frequently.

3 comments:

  1. YAY NATE!! He wins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Glad you got someone to help you figure it out. Don't worry, this won't stop me from commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh good!! Maybe now I'll actually get to read your blog when you update it! Instead of a few days after the fact, when I remember to check it. :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete